Re: Packages with non-original copyrighted sounds

On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 05:21  AM, Roberto Gordo Saez wrote:
I looked only at 4 programs and all contains non-original sounds! I am
sure that there are many more... but that not only affect to games.

Something that I've had on my mind for some time is the default "message received" sound from gnomeicu, which is from the game Duke Nukem 3D. It's probably less than a second long, and I can't vouch that 3DRealms didn't filch or buy it from somewhere else, but I think the highest likelihood is that that particular sound bite is not covered under the license of gnomeicu and thus should not be distributed with it.