Re: PHP-Nuke: A calling for votes

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 10:15:56AM +0100, hec@debian.org wrote:

> Richard Braakman wrotes:

> >  1. The GPL is DFSG-free by definition
> >  2. The author is interpreting GPL 2(c) in a legally valid way
> >  3. Therefore, the condition is also DFSG-free

> That's my point of view. We have judge Mr.F.Burzi and found him guilty.

We have done no such thing.  This is not a court of law, and we should
not be attaching a stigma of "guilt" to a decision that a license doesn't
qualify for main (the stigma of "non-free" serves our aims just as well).

If you want to convict Mr. Burzi, his ego and his shoddy code would make
much better targets than his license.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer