Re: Hardware license

Terry Hancock <hancock@anansispaceworks.com> writes:

> On Tuesday 26 November 2002 01:59 pm, Rich Walker wrote:
> > We've been putting together some robot-related software and hardware. We
> > want to release this with a DFSG-compliant license set. For the
> > software, GPL, no problems. For the hardware we propose to include .pcb
> > files for pcb, .sch files for gschem, and .asm files for the PIC
> > firmware. What licenses are appropriate for hardware releases?
>
> The LART license is probably required reading on this subject ;-)
>
> http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/LICENSE

Yes; I'm currently looking at that and the OpenIPCore license.

http://www.opencores.org/OIPC/OHGPL.shtml.

Are these both compliant licenses?

> and you'll probably want to look at the site in general
>
> http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/
>
> for other information about an apparently successful open
> hardware project.

cheers for that,

Rich Walker.

--
rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw@shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |