Re: what license is ?

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 14:53, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> Read it as "as an additional restriction, all additional materials
> mentioning ..."  It's still a restriction, and a cumbersome one.
>
> I don't recall what makes advertising clauses DFSG-free.  Unenforcability?

It doesn't violate DFSG 9, because it's not making any claims on the
other software.  The advertising clause kicks in whether you distribute
the software by itself, on a compilation CD, or whatever.

Now, the advertising clause is GPL-incompatible, which is what I suspect
you're thinking of with the "additional restriction" stuff.  But lots of
free licenses are GPL-incompatible.