Re: Knuth statement on renaming cm files and Licence violation.

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> It's not clear to me, but that doesn't really matter.  If the entire TeX
> community is going to rise up and call Debian a bunch of degenerates for
> saying that something that's been placed in the public domain is in the
> public domain, then maybe Debian doesn't need TeX or its community.
> (That said, perhaps you don't represent the entire TeX community -- just
> a didactic, moralizing fragment.)

I don't represent any part of the TeX community at all; I don't even use
it any more.  Please don't make assumptions.

I don't find your argument particularly persuasive; it seems to be very
strong on emotion without a lot of logic to back it up, or without any
real discussion of what you're trying to defend and why.