Re: Libapache-mod-backhand: load balancing Apache requests.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 09:31:53PM -0700, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> Is there a document or email somewhere that describes a situation where
> Debian has had to enforce its trademarks?  Did anything go beyond an email
> threat to pursue?  I'm just worried that no one's really tried to enforce
> a trademark on an open source project before, in front of a judge, even if
> email threats worked.

Why are you worried? Trademark law seems fairly simple (for laws), and
"open source" doesn't seem to make a difference here. It's just "We
have this trademark, registered on the 31 of February 2002, they're
using it without permission, and they ignored the a cease-and-disest
we sent them." Unless you've let others use the trademark in defiance
of your license (which worries me about Linux(tm)), it should be
a simple case.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and