Re: License issues with fortune packages?

* Joseph Carter

| On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 03:05:16PM -0700, John Galt wrote:
| > Probably all would be good with proper attribution, but I'd keep them in
| > non-free if I were you (proper attribution does NOT release you from
| > copyright restrictions, it just enhances the "fair use" claim).
|
| Fair use is fair use, and therefore not subject to restrictions.
|
| The collection may be under Copyright, but I would hope a fairly liberal
| license.

Actually most of them doesn't have a license, though I don't think
it will be a problem to get a proper license on them, but I wanted to
check the legalness with you before contacting the authors etc.

So, it's ok for them to go into main?

(Please keep me on the Cc list)

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.