Re: Python 2.0

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 02:32:46PM -0600, An Thi-Nguyen Le wrote:
> I thought that RMS's lawyers and Guido (and possibly his lawyers...) had
> talked over the license and were going to change it to be non-conflicting.
> Did that never happen, break down... or?...

The problem wasn't Guido, the problem was CNRI and their lawyers. Somehow
CNRI as Guido's former employer had some rights on Python. They came up with
this license, and they were talking with RMS.

Situation has changed somewhat since Guido left CNRI for BeOpen, and then
left BeOpen for Digital Creations.

According to all involved parties I was able to talk to, the talks still
continue, even if very slowly, but they haven't yet got any resolution.

    Gregor