Free Pine?

I do not subscribe to these mailing-lists. You can Cc: to me, if you
want, but I am smart enought to read mailing-list archives via WWW.

 * * *

I think I have found "OpenSSH of MUAs". It seems that somebody has found
last free (in the sense of Debian Free Software Guidleines and Open
Source Definition) version of Pine and maintains it.

http://home.sol.no/~egilk/mana.html

MANA - Mail And News Agent

MANA is a mail and news agent for UNIX.
Mana is based on Pine® version 3.91, and is free software.

Mana is based on Pine version 3.91.

All additions to the basic 3.91 version are Copyright © 1997 Free
Software Foundation, Inc.

This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later
version.

Mana is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License
for more details.

For a full copy of the GNU General Public License; see the file COPYING
included in the distribution. Or write to the Free Software Foundation,
59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

For all parts of Pine and Pico up to and including the 3.91 version, the
following applies:

Pine and Pico are trademarks of the University of Washington. No
commercial use of these trademarks may be made without prior written
permission of the University of Washington.

Pine and Pico software and its included text are Copyright 1989-1994 by
the University of Washington.

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose and without fee to the University of
Washington is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice
appears in all copies and that both the above copyright notice and this
permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the name
of the University of Washington not be used in advertising or publicity
pertaining to distribution of the software without specific, written
prior permission. This software is made available \"as is\", and

THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON BE LIABLE
FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN
ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR STRICT LIABILITY,
ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS
SOFTWARE.

I just switched from Pine to mutt, but somebody who is both really
stubborn pine-luser and free software advocate might be interested.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * * U of Jyväskylä * * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi
http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/index.html * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW!"