GDM and Thinkfinger

Somewhere amongst my regular dist-upgrades (testing/unstable) on my
Lenovo R61e gdm stopped using the thinkfinger library.  On the login
screen there is still "or swipe finger" but swiping the finger does
not work any longer.  The problem is not with the thinkfinger library
because it still works on the console login.

Any idea how I can convince gdm (or kdm, xdm, wdm) to use the
thinkfinger library for the login?

Johann

--
       "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
      and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom