Re: debian on a sony vaio a517b

> where is this mouse missing? console or X?

both

> If X you just need to add the appropriate InputDevice section to
> xorg.conf or XF86Config-4.
> I assume you're using xfree86-driver-synaptics for your touchpad, so
> your configuration should be similar to mine:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"TP Mouse"
> 	Option		"CorePointer"
> 	Driver  	"synaptics"
> 	Option 	"Device"  	"/dev/psaux"
> 	Option	"Protocol"	"auto-dev"

I'm using Xorg under unstable, here is my config extracted:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        #Option         "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
EndSection

[...]

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
        #InputDevice    "Synaptics Touchpad"
EndSection

but it doesn't work.

> that's sonypi's responsibility and you won't get them as X events
> anyway.
> # modprobe sonypi
> sonypi: Sony Programmable I/O Controller Driver v1.26.
> sonypi: detected type2 model, verbose = 0, fnkeyinit = off, camera = off, compat = off, mask = 0xffffffff, useinput = on, acpi = on
> sonypi: enabled at irq=11, port1=0x1080, port2=0x1084
> sonypi: device allocated minor is 63
> input: Sony Vaio Jogdial as /class/input/input10
> input: Sony Vaio Keys as /class/input/input11

ah! so there's a /dev/sonypi that provides the events
> and
> # apt-cache show rsjog
> for an application that handles them

yeah, but I don't have a scrollwheel. how for example I can make fn-f5 call spicctrl to decrease brightness and fn-f6 to increase brightness?

maybe I have to write a program or there's something ready.

thanks malattia ;)

ciao,
Marco