bootable cd

Hi guys.
I've been wondering lately, about bootable cds. The problem I have is the following. Recently I had to reinstall windows on my dual boot machine. Unfortunately, as you may know, when you reinstall windows, it automatically deletes grub from the MBR thus I was not able to boot debian any longer. Moral, I had to reinstall debian as well.

I order to avoid that, I found this interesting reading:
http://www.kuht.it/modules/sections/index.php?op=viewarticle&artid=147
about making a rescue grub-floppy (be careful, it's in Italian). However, my laptop has no working (in the sense that it doesn't work any more) floppy drive. It has a working cdrom drive though, so I was wondering: Is there any chance I can make a sort of rescue grup-cdrom? And if yes, how do I do that?

Thanks a lot for help
	Alessandro