xorg tuning on Dell C600

Hi all,

As usual, Debian installed smoothly on this machine, and after a
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg, everything went just fine.

However, I am trying to find some more information on how to put X at
96 dpi, which as I recall, some doc on the web mentioned is the proper
resolution of the 1024x768 monitor of my C600.

So, if anyone know of where I can find the info, please step up, as I
was unable to come up with anything useful either on the archive or
google. Maybe it is just my ignorance...

--
Paulo Marcondes
PU2PIX/PU1