Re: Acer travelmate acerhk.0.5.28 hotkey problem

john wrote:

or you can use checkinstall:
#apt-get install checkinstall
you compile the module (make) but do not install it, and then you do:
#checkinstall make install
this creates a .deb package, you can specify it's headers.

"you can specify it's headers."

Sorry what does this mean?
Whats the advantage to that what Martin wrote?
regards
daniel