Re: A notebook for Debian?

* Rodolfo Medina <romeomedina@libero.it> [2005 Oct 26 05:22 -0500]:
> ... and also a TS THINKPAD T42,
> ibm code: UC2F3IT, maybe cheaper.

Does this one have the DVD burner?  I believe it can always be
installed later as the drive can be removed quite easily.  I'm happy
with the T42 I'm using.  I need to learn more about the laptop mode in
later kernels to see if battery life might be improved.  So far I can
get about two hours, but suspend is blocked by the Linuxant drivers.

Speaking of which, I received a private email that ALSA may be able to
drive the Conextant modem in the T42 directly.  So far I've not
received further details.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of