Slow trackpad on Acer Aspire 1300 kernel 2.6

Hi,

A few days ago I installed debian testing on an Acer Aspire 1300. Kernel
2.4 was installed under that all seemed to be well, the trackpad
responded well and I could use the computer. I then compiled a 2.6.13
kernel for to be able to use PCMCIA wireless card, but this kernel (and
2.6.12 which I subsequently tried to compile) rendered the touchpad
unusably slow. This is a kernel thing, because I have used the config of
the original 2.4. kernel to compile a 2.6 one. Is this a known
phenomenon? Is there a simple solution that I am overlooking? What info
do I need to include in a post like this?

Whit hope of patience,

Mordur Ingolfsson