Re: Debian Linux on Samsung P30 or P35

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 02:01:11AM +0200, Armin Berres wrote:
> Christian Aichinger wrote:
> > The only thing that doesn't work for me yet is Suspend-to-RAM, but I
> > haven't looked into this at all. Matthias Hentges[1] reports
> > that it works in a very hacky way, but I've no idea how hard it is
> > to make suspend-to-ram real-world usable.
>
> Try this script with kernel 2.6.12 and disabled framebuffer:
>
> #! /bin/sh
>
> rm /tmp/delme
>
> chvt 1
>
> vbetool vbestate save > /tmp/delme;
> echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
> vbetool post;
> vbetool vbestate restore < /tmp/delme;
> chvt 7

I enabled the vbetool option in my /etc/hibernate/ram.conf and it
suspend to ram works now too. Thanks for the hint :)

`vbetool post` segfaults when resuming, but apparently after having
done the most important work. This doesn't have any negative
consequences AFAICS.  Without the `vbetool post` step resume doesn't
work properly (video doesn't work).

I've looked into the problem a bit, the segfault
happens on a `pop %ebp` right after the sys_vm86old syscall (in
lrmi_vm86()). Looking at the core file the stack seems to be
corrupted, probably by the syscall/the vm86 code executed.

Debugging this is a bit of a pain since you have do it remotely, and
I've been too lazy for that, especially since it works after all.

Cheers,
Christian Aichinger