I: Installation problems with HP zv6069EA

Da: CECCHI FABIO
Inviato: mercoledì 20 luglio 2005 10.27
A: 'debian-amd64@lists.debian.org'
Oggetto: Installation problems with HP zv6069EA

Hello everyone,

I bought a HP zv6069EA laptop with AMD Athon 64  3500+ (2.2 Mhz with Cool’n’Quite technology), RAM 512 MB, ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 IGP (128 MB), Hard disk 100 GB ATA 100.

I tried to install Debian amd 64 3.1 r0 distribution but the installation programs, after running vmlinuz and initrd and displaying some other messages that I didn’t get because of considerably speed, hangs with a black screen. Probably the last message was something like FATAL:….

I tried to insert the options vga=791 noapic nolapic. As result I got the screen for the keyboard selection, but at this point I can type any character and thus I am not able to go on.

Have somebody some suggestion for this problem ?

Thanks, in advance.

Fabio Cecchi

** Le e-mail provenienti dalla Banca d'Italia sono trasmesse in buona fede e
non comportano alcun vincolo ne' creano obblighi per la Banca stessa,
salvo che cio' non sia espressamente previsto da un accordo scritto.
Questa e-mail e' confidenziale. Qualora l'avesse ricevuta per errore, La
preghiamo di comunicarne via e-mail la ricezione al mittente e di
distruggerne il contenuto. La informiamo inoltre che l'utilizzo non
autorizzato del messaggio o dei suoi allegati potrebbe costituire reato.
Grazie per la collaborazione.
-- E-mails from the Bank of Italy are sent in good faith but they are neither
binding on the Bank nor to be understood as creating any obligation on its
part except where provided for in a written agreement. This e-mail is
confidential. If you have received it by mistake, please inform the sender
by reply e-mail and delete it from your system. Please also note that the
unauthorized disclosure or use of the message or any attachments could be
an offence. Thank you for your cooperation. **