Re: laptop LAN and modem config

Am Montag, 18. Juli 2005 23:37 schrieb Koen Vermeer:
> On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 00:31 +0100, Doofus wrote:
> > My question is, is there a more elegant or debian preferred method for
> > dealing with this situation, which surely can't be so rare, and yet I've
> > been unable to google anything about it?
>
> If you ifdown your ethernet card, the route should also disappear. I
> guess that's the closest thing to the 'preferred' method.

You might also use laptop-net. You can configure multiple network
configurations. A daemon monitors the ethernet port whether it is connected
to a network. When a cable is plugged in, it tests which (configured) network
it is connected to and configures the interface. When the cable is unplugged,
it deconfigures the if. So, no default route, no problem with pppd. Works
perfectly for me.

Tobias

--
Diese Email-Adresse dient nur als Spam-Ziel.
Nachrichten an diese Adresse werden nicht gelesen!

This email address is a spam-tarpit.
Mails sent to this address are not read!