Re: gnome-terminal

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 09:08:14PM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:

> s/Jochem/Jochen :)

JocheN!  Got it.

> > or even desktop stuff.  I did find the thing under (apparently)
> > Nautilus.  It was rather obscurely located on my Libranet 2.8.1
> > desktop.  I wonder in what files those control parameters are stored.
>
> Don't ask me where this stuff is saved in the file system but Gnome uses
> the "gconf" system. Run gconf-editor to get an idea. It looks a bit like
> the Windows registry but Gnome people don't like to hear that. ;-) The
> only cool thing I know about it is that a running gnome-settings-daemon
> informs running Gnome applications of changes. The downside is
> gnome-seetings-daemon.

As I mentioned, the script/program that changes the default browser is
pretty obscurely located in the window manager menu system and I failed
to find it on the last try.  But I found the script/program name!

gnome-default-applications-properties

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Linux system uptime  386 days 44 min minutes