Re: Problems with ACPI and Compaq R4000

--- jefe boss <eral81es@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry :-)
> I get that error all the time, when my pc boots,
> when I'm working with
> it, always!! It's very annoying. :-(  It makes
> impossible working
> without using gdm. (Error messages are shown in the
> console)
>
> Please help me :-)

Try to boot without apic editing menu.lst of grub
and add the following option
kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-1-386 \
root=/dev/hda9 ro apic=off lapic=off

and test your system, I had install debian in some
compaq machines and if the apic is enabled it froze
the keyboard and other problems happen, I did not know
exactly why but you can try this one.

Regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions ? no fees. Bid on great items.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/