Re: i810 driver and X

I have a similar problem with my laptop running both xfree86 in Debian and xorg in Ubuntu.  It doesn't work.  With xorg, it does some weird changing (after multiple clicks, it switches off lcd, on crt, then nothing on crt without anything!  And the terminals don't like switching under Ubuntu (fine in Debian!)  The only way i found was a restart (i hate that.)  Try a hibernate.

On 7/10/05, Jochen Schulz <jrschulz@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
Takis Diakoumis:

> when switching to external display the top of the screen is garbage and
> the screen has moved down. when switching to both screens - both exhibit
> the top 50 or so pixels as garbage and when switching back to laptop
> screen only it stays as garbage. the only way i can retrieve that part
> of the screen is to restart X.

I experience the same issue with an Asus M2400N and the intel 855gm
chipset. A solution for half of the problem is to switch to a VT with
Alt-F1 and back with Alt-F7. Then the garbage on the LCD is gone but the
external video signal is switched off again.

Another workaround is to start another X session with gdmflexiserver
after switching to LCD+External. The new session should be displayed
well on both screens. When you switch back, the garbage is gone and
external output is off again. YMMV.

J.
--
When you put a gun to my head you aren't fooling anyone.
[Agree]   [Disagree]

BodyID:49981838.2.n.logpart (stored separately)