which journaling FS for notebook?

Hello,
this is quite old question, but after some googling I still haven't found
satisfying answer :o(

There are currently 4 major linux journaling filesystems: ext3, XFS, ReiserFS,
JFS. All of them should be supported by laptop-mode and all can currently use
b-tree directories (not enabled by default on ext3, but supported).

I have long-time personal expiriences with ext3 and xfs and both has some
flaws. XFS is noticeably faster under some conditions, but is incompatible
with some apps (in cedega I have to disable caching and I have heard about
some troubles with NFS). And of course ext3 does not support dynamic inode
allocation.

I want to know your expiriences with each of these filesystems and
recomendation for its use considering dm-crypted partitions.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, maybe I'll write some mini-howto on this
topic ;o)

Mixi