Re: Debian 3.1r0a Installation difficultys

Am 02.07.05 20:08:00, schrieb Jan Lühr <jluehr@gmx.net>:

Hi yanosz, and to all the other user of this list,

>Greetings,
>
>Am Samstag, 2. Juli 2005 15:09 schrieb CB:
>
>>Hello to all users of 3.1r0a,
>>
>>Please I need help with the following.
>>
>>I try to install Debian Sarge on my dell inspiron 8000
>>with the new installer, but I never be able to reach
>>furder than to partitioning / mountpoints but mostly
>>the end is searching cd-rom, because the Installer
>>goes to hang.
>>
>>Please is here someone who is able to tell me what
>>happend to the new installer why it goes to hang
>>and how to solve the problem.
>>

>>Thank you very much for your help in advance.
>
>Are you able to boot Knoppix on this device?

Yes, without any problem to boot and to use.

But even with this problem I reach with the
sarge installation futher now. I reach up to
after the first reboot up to "Scanning Disc
for index files.." (I wait half a hour) but
here again the system hang. So I need still
help.

>Keep smiling
>yanosz

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Yours faithfully
Carsten Bahr