Re: Batch Resize, how to?

On Saturday 02 July 2005 04:42 pm, Jochen Issing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 02 July 2005 16:25, Benedek Frank wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am trying to organize my pictures, and I am looking for a batch
> > resizing program for my laptop. I was googling for a while, but I didnt
> > find anything, only one program for GIMP, but that didnt work. Any good
> > plugins for GIMP? Or command line tool?
>
> ever tried convert/mogrify from ImageMagick?

Yes, and when I executed it, it took forever, and it swapped in around 600MBs
instantly. Here is the command I ran, maybe something is wrong with that?
Around 100 pictures were in the folder, but it should do it one by one, and
not at one time, so it needs like 1000MB of memory.

Maybe my method was wrong, here is how I did it:

convert -quality 90 -scale '800x600>' *.JPG

Thanks

Ben