2.6.12 -- Kernel Config Request for IBM t40p

Dear all,

happy with Linux, happy with Debian -- I am running 2.6.12 on my IBM
t40p.

There is one thing, however, that I have not been able to solve
totally: I would like to have Suspend-to-RAM ("standby") and
Suspend-to-Disk ("hibernate") working in parallel.

Once, with an older Kernel, Suspend-to-Disk worked -- but not
Suspend-to-RAM.

Now, wit 2.6.12, Suspend-to-RAM works -- but not Suspend-to-Disk
anymore.

Always when I tried to get to work both, I had a corruption of my
file-system when restarting from Suspend-to-Disk since there was a
(I assume) a race condition creating a kernel panic.  Since this
always cost a huge amount of time to fix it, I try to avoid similar
problems.  Hence my kind request:

- Has anyone got Suspend-to-Disk *and* Suspend-to-RAM working on an
  IBM t40p running with a recend Linux 2.6 Kernel und Debian unstable?

- If so, would you mind sending me the appropriate information
  (scripts, kernel configs, hints)?

Thanks in advance!

wbr,
Lukas