ACPI problems on AOpen 1557 laptop

Hi list,

I have seen several mails  related to ACPI lately, and I hope I am not
redundant with this mail. Please pardon me if I am :-)

I have installed ACPI packages on my laptop doing, more or less, the following:
- check I was using a 2.6.5 or higher kernel (2.6.8 here)
- check sysfs and udev were installed
- apt-get install cpufreqd
- add this in /etc/modules:
  - proc_intf
  - speedstep-centrino
  - cpufreq_powersave
  - cpufreq_userspace
  - freq_table
- install gnome-cpufreq-applet (not much to do with it)
- reboot my laptop

At boot, I can see this:
ACPI: Processor [CPU0] (supports C1 C2 C3, 8 throttling states)
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:02:06.0[A] -> GSI 11 (level, low) -> IRQ 11
apm: overridden by ACPI.
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:1f.6[B] -> GSI 10 (level, low) -> IRQ 10
< 10 times similar line />
ACPI: Battery Slot [BAT0] (battery present)
ACPI: AC Adapter [ADP1] (on-line)
ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]
ACPI: Lid Switch [LID0]
ACPI: Sleep Button (CM) [SLPB]
ACPI: Thermal Zone [THRC] (59 C)
ACPI: Thermal Zone [THRS] (50 C)

And when I try to put my laptop to sleep, using the sleep button, I get
nothing.

Then I tried starting acpi_listen and pressing the sleep key. And this
gives me:

$:/var/www/dokeos-cvs# acpi_listen
button/sleep SLPB 00000080 00000004

So apparently the system understands my button-pressing is a call to
acpid, but nothing happens. I have no idea what goes wrong (obviously,
acpid does).

Does somebody know this problem? Or could help?

Thanks in advance,

Yannick