RE: Debian and Acer TravelMate 240

>  I've tried to look for informations about it on TuxMobil and
>Linux-on-laptops, but I haven't found anything about that model and its
>compatibility with GNU/Linux.

I had the same problem... my approach was to see what hardware I had and see
the models that had the same hardware...

I was taking a look at the page, and I must admit that what acer call
technical specifications I call selling rubish... they say no technical
specification at all... (unless you consider "engine: xxx cc" a technical
specification for a car 8))

Nevertheless I think it's a good bet that acer uses the same components for
each and every computer... (except for the graphic card... I know they use 2,
but both work on linux)...

by the way... I have (or had - some problems happened 8( ) an aspire 1355... I
installed sarge and it's ok... I think that both laptops differ only in the
processor... you could write to acer asking REAL technical specifications.