Re: APM, with kernel 2.4.24 for IBM R40(e)

Yes it is, just don't load up processor.ko once you have compiled in
ACPI.

ACPI on the r40e will give you the ability to view battery life and if
you compile in cpufreq support you can also use powernowd to cycle the
processor power usage and save your battery life. My processor is
running at 250Mhz as I type this in fact, but when I click send I know
that powernowd will cycle the processor up to nearer 2ghz.

I've been working with the developers to resolve issues with
processor.ko module and so far tonight I've managed to get it to run
thanks to a patch one very kind developer worked on and sent me. I still
can't suspend or standby though, so we're not totally there yet. I'll
keep this list informed as to how things go.

--
Pete Wright <pete@pheather.plus.com>