PDA + Cell Phone

Hello all,

Has anyone attempted to use a single device for both cellular, (pstn switched)
phone calls and VoIP aka sip (flat-rate)? What I'm thinking of is a PDA
with GPRS capabilities. There are (OEM) GSM/GPRS modules that are
capable of both. There are also reasons to have a Cell phone and a PDA
as compatible devices. I guess the best idea it to start working form a
platform that runs embedded linux and is 100% sourcecode available.

Maybe a wearable compujter, with 2 ports, one for cellular, one for GPRS?

Any ideas? I was going to use Tmobile as the guinny_pig, as they are
GSM&GPRS. The GPRS is flat rated at 30.00/mo. here in the US.

All input is most welcome. including latency issues.

James