Re: Dual Display on a Laptop?

> Nicolas <ripley@8d.com> [2004-03-26 04:55]:
>
> On Thursday 25 March 2004 22:37, arief# wrote:
> >
> > I mean, can I make it viewing different view than the ones coming up on
> > my LCD?
> >

> Sure you can, just like a dualhead.  I use this configuration at work.  One
> server on my laptop LCD and another one on an external CRT.  Both have the
> same window manager and one mouse, one keyboard, but with different
> resolution/refreshrate.
>
> All you need to do is declare two screens and make your server something like
> that :
> Section "ServerLayout"
>     Identifier  "DualJob"
>     Screen      "Screen0" 0 0
>     Screen      "Screen2" RightOf "Screen0"
>     InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
>     InputDevice "Mouse1" "SendCoreEvents"
>     InputDevice "Mouse2" "SendCoreEvents"
>     InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
> EndSection

Great thing!  This would be the solution I've always wanted for my
laptop and Linux!

Can you send me (us) some more hints, how this works?
- Configuration of the two screens
- Are both displays active all the time or is it possible to switch
  them on and off independently?

Thanks!

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |