Re: swsusp on Debian laptop (kernel 2.4.22)

Ipsissima verba Micha Feigin:

> I would suggest going switching to kernel 2.4.22 and swsusp 1.1-rc9
> (rc10 should probably be out soon as rc9D was introduced on the
> mailing list and Nigel was given some grant money to finish swsusp
> for 2.4 kernels and start moving the 2.6 version). Its much more
> stable and more advanced.

I'll do that, as soon as I have time to spare.  Thanks for the tip.

> If you are not doing so already, try using the suspend script in the
> site, make sure to configure the script first to do all the things I
> mentioned.

I'm using it.  I think the problem is that some module is not getting
unloaded before the memory dump.  Stopping services manually seems to
do it right.  I've never really look seriously into it, because I
don't use it much: the long suspend/resume time is really the big
issue for me.

But don't get me wrong, I really like the swsusp idea, and I will give
it another go soon.  I wish I had the time to help the develpers---
even if writing code for them is probably far beyond my current
abilities :-)  I just doesn't feel right to sit and complain about it.

I think it's a really neat project.

> Make sure that you go to the download page on the site to see the
> current latest version.
> If you need more help, tell me.

Thanks again.

 -CR