pyacpi released for testing

Hi list!

PyAcpi is a small application, written in python to control the power
settings of the processor via a simple shell interface. It has been
developed on a Pentium 4 mobile CPU (on a Asus L3800C notebook).

PyAcpi uses the Acpi interface provided with the 2.5 series of the
Linux kernel, it has been tested with kernel patches for 2.4.20 and
2.4.21 (See README.txt for further details).

I have released PyAcpi under the GPL because I think Open Source
Software should be supported, and because it's fun ;)

You can obtain PyAcpi at the following site:

http://vizZzion.org/~sebas/pyacpi/

If someone happens to already use the 2.5 branch and is willing to
give it a try, this is greatly appreciated, as I did not yet have
the possibility to test PyAcpi with the upcoming kernel release.

Testing and reports about PyAcpi naturally also greatly appreciated, please include the following info in your bugeports:

Non-working setups:

output of:

cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/performance
cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/throttling
cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature
uname -a

- the errors you get
- ... and the version of the acpi patches you are using, possibly along
with other patches.

working setups:

- kernel version and version of patches applied

Please CC bugreports and other reactions to
sebas@*N*O*S*P*A*M*vizZzion.org (remove *N*O*S*P*A*M*) as I don't want
to miss anything new about PyAcpi :)

Ok, that's about it,

kind regards,