Re: RFC: Create d-user-woody, d-user-sarge maillists, deactivate d-user

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 04:40, Tim Folger wrote:
> This is  a very good idea. It might be easiest if the lists were named
> debian-stable, debian-testing, and debian-unstable, rather than
> debian-woody, etc, since the release names will be changing.

I agree this is a very good idea.  I tried debian-user for about 1 day
before I unsubscribed due to the high volume and most of the problems
being with testing/unstable (I use woody/stable on all my machines).  I
ended up in debian-laptop because the level of traffic was sane and 2 of
my machines are laptops.

My only reservation about your suggested naming convention is that some
people may still be running potato and when testing becomes stable, some
woody users may choose not to upgrade etc.  There is probably a point at
which an old version will be obsoleted and the list archived, but until
then, mutual support should be available...

Brendan