Re: mobile phone & linux

Hallo Rne,

Am 23:11 2003-07-22 +0200 hat Rene Engelhard geschrieben:

>Hi,
>
>my contract with my mobile phone company expires in a few months
>and I thought about extending it for another 12 months..
>
>I got the Siemens C55 and the S55 to choose from (there were
>more, but I did like those both most).

I am working with Siemens S40 in Deutschland und Frankreich

>As I wanted to be able to use my mobile phone to go with GPRS
>on the net if that should be possible I wanted to ask whether
>someone on this list has experiences with this models and whether
>they work under Linux and if there are tips/hints you have to
>know when configuring to use them.

GPRS is a Protokoll which is done from your mobil Telephone
and configured by AT commands...

Please go to the Website:

        <http://www.siemens.com/C55/>
or
        <http://www.siemens.com/S55/>

For more details. There is a Link to the Tech-Spec and PDF's.

Please note, that you need to set your pppd to 'persist' or
an 'idle 0'

Schöne Gruesse
Michelle