Re: pcmcia-cs trouble

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Ottavio Campana wrote:

> The adapter seems  to work only with the yenta_socket  module. If I load
> it  I  see  the  correct  debug  output.  I've  seens  that  the  debian
> package of  pcmcia always  loads the  i82365 module,  even if  I specify
> PCIC=yenta_socket .

[...]

> Why does  debian behave  in this  way? How  can I  make pcmcia  load the
> correct module?

I had the same problem. Don't know why Debian does this, but a solution
is to modify /etc/init.d/pcmcia. There is a line that look for the
presence of i82365  among the compiled modules (with a misleading comment
like "if it exists it must be preferred"): change that section. It may
also be necessary to load explicitely the yenta_socket module. Note that
something I am writing may be incorrect, I'm not on my Debian laptop at
the moment.

Biagio