Re: Dell Latitude LS: crash on reboot w/ 2.4.x

Mike,
some ideas...
looks like an irq problem.

1) play with irq unmasking hdparm -u1

2) try:
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_WIP=Y and enable Bad/Good Blcklisting
CONFIG_IDEPCI_SHARE_IRQ=n ?
Do you have an external USB drive or sth ?
Any difference if connected / disconnected ?
lspci -v ?

3) Check the BIOS irq settings (none disabled)

Humble workarounds:
4) insert some script into reboot runlevel to disable dma ?

5) Kernel 2.4.5 + with hopefully enhanced ide / irq handling ?

6) Anyway, a BIOS upgrade if possible.

7) Don't reboot ;-)

--
                                                                   mi <mrl>