Re: suspending with acpi

At 15:39 2003-04-23, ScapeSmerk@netscape.net wrote:
Just wondering...

can anyone tell me how to (or point me to a how to) suspend/hibernate/put onstandby a laptop?

I have an Asus L3800c running debian woody 3.0 with kernel 2.4.20 (from kernel.org) patched with 2.4.20 acpi and also asus patch.

cheers,

Smerk

http://fchabaud.free.fr/English/default.php3?COUNT=3&FILE0=Tricks&FILE1=Laptop&FILE2=Swsusp

There you have a (working) solution to hibernation.
I had some problems, but managed to solve them quite fast.

The documentation isn't that great though, but exists in some way.

//Ivar

Ivar Alm             ! Where does Microsoft want to drag you today? !
Umeå, Sweden         ! Do you really want to go there?              !
http://www.octofingers.com