Re: Unidentified subject!

Am Sam, 2003-03-29 um 03.53 schrieb Mitch Maltenfort:

> I just installed Debian Woody 3.0r1 from CDs from Cheapbytes.  It's on an
> IBM Thinkpad R32 with bells-and-whistles (30 Gig HD, Ethernet & Wireless
> connectivity, and DVD/CD-R combo drive).
>
> And I just hit a stone wall.  I can't seem to get the ethernet to accept
> my Comcast cable modem.  This is crucial if I want to update to 'testing'
> and get the other drivers I need, such as the radeon for my video card.
>
> Can anyone advise?
Hi Mitch,
please check the information you get with the
dmesg
command. Do you then get any information about your Ethernet interface?
I assume, that your Interface card/chip first has to be added as a
kernel module. You can do so using the command
modconf
Then you may configure the file /etc/network/interfaces
Good luck
Hugo