Dell cpu speed toggle (was: Temperatur weirdnes)

"Karl E. Jorgensen" <karl@jorgensen.com> writes:

> On I4000 (bios A16):
>          fn+#        Toggle CPU speed

For the record, with a US keyboard this is fn+\ (backslash, above
the enter key).  I didn't reboot with the slow setting, but based
on some timings, this seems to switch my I4150 from 2 GHz to about
450 MHz.  However, it doesn't cause the temperature to be any lower,
and apm doesn't seem to think my battery is going to last any longer.

Karl, does apm predict better battery life for you, or did you test
it by running the battery down?

Has anyone else tested battery life with the slow cpu setting?

Dan