Re: Random keystrokes lost

also sprach Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com> [2002.11.27.0147 +0100]:
> Bad luck for you :-)  For me the system would freeze less than .5
> seconds every 3 or 4 seconds. Just enough to make me wonder whether I
> was given de-caf by mistake...

The phenomenon of the mouse freezing or keyboard input being delayed
does coincide with IDE/hdd activity.

But the problem of forgotten keystrokes (and randomly repeating
letters[1]) does not need to happen with a hdd access.

  1. i *touch* 'i' and suddenly, iiiii appears, or similar. Happens
     for all keys rarely but noticably, and probably has something to
     do with the random keystrokes being lost.

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc