Dell Inspirion 2500. Network only works if new ACPI is patched in kernel

I had for a long time trouble with compiling my kernels and get network
to work on my Dell Inspirion 2500. In the end I found out that the network
card only worked when I downloaded and pached an updated ACPI from
acpi.sf.net. I tried with 2.4.17-19

I have a this card: Intel Corp. 82557 [Ethernet Pro 100] (rev 08)

I don't know if others have experienced this though, but at least if you
have problems this is how it worked for me.

HTH

--
Preben Randhol ------------------------ http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                          «1984 is soon coming to a computer near you.»