Re: (semi-solved): Intel(r) AC'97 Audio Controller - SigmaTel Codec

On Monday 25 November 2002 22:37, Oleg wrote:

> [1] I don't really understand why there are two independent volume controls
> in aumix: "vol" is referred to as the main volume control, and "pcm" is
> connected to the xmms volume control.

PCM is the data output by mp3, ogg, etc.  Some sound cards differentiate the
sound paths.

As a side note, the Dell 4550 desktop I have at work only gets proper sound
with the 2.4.20 alan cox version of i810_audio.c due to it having slightly
newer hardware.  May not be related to your problem but I thought I would
share.