Re: Dell Laptop

Derek Broughton <derek_broughton@hotmail.com> wrote on 26/09/2002 (14:50) :
> > > Im wondering can you help me, Ive having the same problem with my
> Laptop.
> > > Its a Inspirion 2500, and Im getting the fan error. Once i get back from
>
> What fan error?  What same problem?  None of the Inspiron problems I've seen
> here recently had anything to do with a fan.  ime, the fan on an i2500 is
> independent of ACPI

It is the BIOS that is telling that there is a fan error after testing
the fans at startup even if the fans seem to work with no problem. I
experienced the same as Rory Mooney when I was one week in Denver (I
live in Europe otherwise). When I came back there was no problem. It
seems that Rory Mooney also is in Denver at the moment, so it must be a
Dell-Denver-Syndrom :-) I don't know what is causing it, maybe the thin
air or the net-voltage etc...

Anyway the fans worked on my machine when I used it, but I was extra
careful.

--
Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov