RE: Kernel Upgrade Problems - IBM T23

DHCP issues were resolved w/ CONFIG_FILTER=y, too bad I had to recompile
the kernel to get this to work.

The initial issue that spurred me to rebuild the kernel was the
installation of my wireless Cisco Aironet card which claimed I needed to
have a working kernel source tree, I assumed this meant I needed to have
compiled my kernel from the source, but my assumptions have been wrong
so far so it wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong once again.

Beyond that, I need to support a Sony DSC-S50 digital camera which uses
the memory stick, haven't found much in regards to drivers/support for
this, anyone have experience with this?  Additionally, how can I
determine if it simply uses the USB Mass Storage or whatever type
method, which I assume would allow greater compatibility w/ linux
flavors.

If all this can be done w/o rebuilding the kernel then I may fall back
to a kernel image, I just wanted to get some knowledge of the process
but I'd have more faith in a pre-built image.

Thanks for your help Zane, anyone else have any comments?

Thanks,

Zach