Fwd: Re: Network configuration problems with laptop

This is from a thread on the Libranet users list (Libranet is a Debian-based
distribution).

The problem is getting a PCMICA network card to work.  Upon installation of
Debian/Libranet, the option to include PCMCIA is given.  If this is accepted,
the installation crashes (on a Toshiba Satellite 2545 XCDT) and you cannot
install Debian.  However, if you perform a non-PCMCIA install, the Debian loads
normally, you just aren't able to use the PCMCIA cards.

Well, I've loaded Debian, and I'm trying to get the PCMCIA card among the
living.  I've loaded the pcmcia_cs module manually (and it loads fine) but the
network setup won't recognize the kernel module.

I've tried a couple of things (see below) but to no avail.  Does anyone know
what the fundamental problem is?  I would happily settle for a work-around that
is functional.

Thanks in advance,

Ron