Re: Laptop Dual Monitor Support?

Hi,

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:37:52 -0500
"Jeremy Turner" <Jeremy.Turner@oc.edu> wrote:

> Hi all.  I've got an IBM ThinkPad A22m (2628-OKU) with sid and I'm
> wanting to use it with an external monitor with dual monitor support.
> Here's my problem:  XFree86 wants a separate video card for each screen,
> but I believe the laptop only has 1 physical video card (only one was
> found with lspci).  I know the card has the capability (it can do dual
> monitor support in WinXP).  Any ideas?

You may do it depending on you xserver module. Have a look at the
xfree86.org pages. With a neomagic chipset, you just need to put (but one
video card = the same display on both of course!):

Section "Device"
[snip...]
Option     "intern_disp"
Option     "extern_disp"

EndSection

If you have another chipset, do look into the man pages for your server
(for the neomagic, it is mentionned in the XFree3 pages but not in the
XFree4 ones though it works under both.

Olivier.

--
  Olivier Crouzet