Re: ScanMail Message: To Recipient virus found and action taken.

System Attendant wrote (on 28 Jan 2002 at 9:14):

> ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange has detected virus-infected
> attachment(s).

J... F... C..., this too?

But while we're on the OT subject, it reminds me of something I
read on microsoft.com the other day. I clicked on a link marked
"Security" for a laugh, then on a news item, "Information on the
'.NET Virus'":

"In other words, users who are taking standard security
precautions (such as running the current operating system and
*not running code they don't know about*) won't be infected."

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/letter.asp)

[*emphasis* added]

How bout that? Microsoft says the answer to all these viruses is
open source. Or what else could they mean by knowing about the
code?

--
-- Tony Crawford
-- tc@crawfords.de