Re: Dell Inspiron 4000 touchpad problem with gpm

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 04:31:21PM +0100, Jörg Mensmann wrote:
> A recent version of gpm introduced bug #122203 ("gpm: Complete
> operational failure with synaptics touchpad") which prevents me from
> using my touchpad running woody on an Inspiron 4000 (which worked
> without problems before). Trying do access it directly with X11 resulted
> in nothing more than the cursor moving randomly on the screen.
>
> Does anybody have a working configuration for X or access to an older
> version of gpm which is not affected by this bug?

I'm sitting here with a Dell Inspiron 4000 myself, and the mouse works
perfectly, both in X and gpm. I'm running sid, gpm 1.19.6-5 and X
4.1.0-11.

My gpm.conf is as follows:

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw
type=ps2
append=""
sample_rate=

X is configured to read from gpm's repeater, like this:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Internal Mouse"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "CorePointer"
    Option      "Device"        "/dev/gpmdata"
    Option      "Protocol"      "PS/2"
    Option      "Emulate3Buttons"   "true"
EndSection

HTH, HAND :)