APM unusable since 2.4.10

Hello,

I have a Mitac 7521 laptop, which is a SIS630 chipset with a Phoenix BIOS
and some interesting hardware around.

Until kernel 2.4.9 included I was able to suspend to ram and to disk with
APM and to have my system back most of the times, and I was almost happy
with that.  Since kernel 2.4.10, when APM kicks in for anything (even just
for turning off the LCD display), the system gets badly hung and I have to
switch it off the hard way (i.e. holding down the power button for >4
seconds).

For now I resorted to ACPI, but in its current state I loose all suspend
and hybernation features I had.

Does anybody have experienced with similar problems, and has some more
informations to give me about it?

Bye, Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini (Unibo) <zinie@cs.unibo.it>